Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chef Bradley Beverage Series - Roasting Your Own Coffee

Yeah, I'm a little bit picky about my coffee. I think most chefs are! We have these trained taste buds that don't satisfy easily! So, a few months ago I began buying green beans and roasting my own coffee. There's tons of great info out there to learn how to do your own. I use my gas grill and a basket, but there are many other ways you can home roast. This way works for me and seems to be pretty cost effective. Here's a demo for you to learn the simple art of home roasting.



Here are a few links to some great informative coffee roasting links as well as places to buy your own green beans and stuff.

Coffee Forums

About.com

Sweet Marias

Home Roasters

Egullet

Coffee Geek

Green Coffee Coop

No comments: