Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Been a little while since I blogged last. I apologize to the 2 people that are currently reading my blog on a regular basis :)

Back on December 12th, I helped Family Catering Service in Huntersville, NC with a catering in Fort Mill, SC. After fighting with my GPS and getting there an hour later than expected, we pulled off a decent event. There were like 150 people there and enough food to feed 300 plus, lol. It was a cold night but everyone was warm inside with the cases of wine and beer they consumed.

An ex-chef-turned-food-salesman and I ran the pasta station which consisted of spinach and cheese filled ravioli, a choice of marinara or Alfredo sauces and 5 toppings heated to order. There was a mishap with the burner fuel and we barely had enough butane to make it but, through some sort of miracle, we made it to the last plate with no problems.

They also had a carving station, a fondue station and a dessert table. I must say, they are doing some mean business. Looks like they could use a professional chef to work out the kinks, but over all, they do good stuff.

They stay very busy every day out of there basement professional kitchen. I've never seen anything like it in my life! The home-owners gutted out their basement and installed a fully functional, health department approved kitchen fully equipped with a 6 burner range, two double decker ovens, hot boxes, coolers, freezers and a huge hood system which they picked up at an auction for only a few hundred bucks. Very impressive man.

I wasn't able to click too many pictures but, you can check out what I did get:


The crowd was rockin'!

This portly little dude has a bit of an ego. He tried to throw me under the bus with the caterer, but whatever. If that's what it takes to make yourself feel honorable and hide the fact that you cant cook, have at it. :)

No comments: