Sunday, September 21, 2008

Foraging for wild shrooms!!!

Another great time was had by all :)

Yesterday, I had the great opportunity to forage for mushroom with a few people from the local "slow foods" community. We went to a local park with a forager named Reed. We must have walked over 5 miles and went WAY off the beaten path. I don't think we saw a trail for 3 miles, lol. I must say though, what a beautiful and enjoyable way to see nature. Not one bit of trash anywhere. The streams we saw were flawlessly clear with healthy fish swimming all around. Boulders un-touched since they made their way there so many years before. I kept having to remind myself that we were only a couple miles from the bustling city. Makes you appreciate how awesome the world can be without cars, cell phones and HD TVs.

Anyway, enough of my tree hugging rant, check out some pictures:





No comments: