Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fresh Fig Tart...

So, my mom came to visit us this past week. She brought my son and sister along too, so it was a full-house. I took everyone to the local farmers market where we all went babbly for the local fare. I bumped into a couple old friends and they showed us around a bit. Was a nice time.

I bumped into this dude that was selling fresh picked local white figs. They were awesome and I had to have some! So, I bought two quarts and off we went. After we had our fill of fresh figs au natural, we decided to make the rest of them into a tart. Mom made the best crust known to man and I took care of the filling. Old school hard knocks cooking meets formally trained chef. The end result was one of the best fruit tarts we've ever had! Check it out:




I must say, it was yummy. Flaky crust, filling had just a little raw sugar, orange zest, tapioca, a pinch of salt and a little cinnamon. The figs took the show, for sure. Add a little vanilla bean ice cream and you're off to the races!!!

No comments: