Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New "Irish Gastro-Pub" menu

I've been with this new job for over 3 months now. In these short three months, I've knocked out acres of catering from 10 to 500+, baby sat a small but hard working staff of 5 and, sadly, had to cook another chefs menu. No offense to my predecessor, but its time for a change. I've had to witness more brown food than I should have for far too long, lol.

The owner and I have agreed, its time for a change. After a little coercion, I finally got them to see eye-to-eye with me and move towards an Irish Gastro-Pub concept. We'd use local and seasonal food whenever possible, keep it simple and exciting and give the entire food concept and well deserved face-lift.

I started off getting some plate samples. Its hard to put new food on old plates. These, for instance, are well past their usefulness and are badly scratched and tarnished. Reminds me of Greek diner plates you'd see at your local greasy spoon, not those of an up-and-coming gastro pub.

The food? Well, I wrote the menu based on what I know is seasonal, as I always love to do. The farmers I use are ready and willing to deliver upon my request. Gonna be awesome!

Stay tuned for pictures and other info! Meanwhile, here's a teaser of whats to come:

  • Bacon and Pimento Cheese Dip - with Irish soda bread crisps
  • Arancini (fried risotto balls) - Cheese and bacon filled risotto balls, breaded and deep fried, served with pesto ranch and lemon jam
  • Poutine - Hand-cut fries topped with melted “Ashe County” cheese curd, diced Irish Bangers and house-made brown sauce (a Canadian classic with an Irish twist)
  • Charcuterie Plate – Locally produced cheeses sausages and pates served with an array of condiments and toppers, a perfect platter for snacking
  • Lobster and Shrimp Cheese Baked Penne - Penne pasta with three kinds of cheese and chunks of shrimp and Maine lobster simmered to order and...
  • Oreo Cheesecake – Made in-house, best in town!
  • Irish “McN’Cheese” - Buttery Irish cheddar and Guinness cheese sauce, chunks of crispy fried local potatoes tossed together with...
More to come!!!!

No comments: