Monday, September 06, 2010

My experience with the new Polyscience Sous Vide Professional Immersion Circulator from Williams Sanoma

As you may already know, I've had an ongoing relationship with Williams Sanoma. They've had me teach a few cooking and equipment demos in the past and its been a blast!

Recently, they asked me to demo their new Polyscience Sous Vide Professional Immersion Circulator for the home cook. I will be teaching a class geared towards chefs and restaurant owners alike. Before the class begins, I get to play with it for a few days and its just amazing!


So far we've done chicken breast "Greek-style". Simply cryo-vac'd with a little EVOO, kalamata olives, feta cheese and pepperoncini peppers.


I did duck confit, which I eventually stuffed into a ravioli with ricotta, Parmesan and goats cheeses, yum. It took about 8 hours but it was well worth the wait.




A friend and fellow chef did 48 hour braised beef short ribs which were insane inside a house-made corn tortilla topped with a fiery salsa and lime.

Salmon, with a short 20 minute simmer, was just perfect. Tender, juicy and full of flavor.

I even took that bad boy to a competition in Nashville, TN where I did duck breast marinated in olive oil, fresh herbs and orange zest. After crisping that skin up, it was the best duck breast Ive ever noshed!

It's just great machine. If you are a home cook that just loves to cook sous vide, than this is for you! If you are a professional chef and want to save over 400 bucks on an immersion circulator, this is a MUST HAVE!!!

Check out their site for more info and go get one :)


No comments: