Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The forager strikes again!!!

So, a friend of mine foraged up a couple dozen pounds of Hen of the Woods mushrooms and was gracious enough to hook me up with a few. So, keeping with the chef-food-lover-food-geek thing, I had to cook them up. I plan to cryo-vac those bad boys for future use. But, of course, before they cooled, I had to eat a few of them yummy things. YEAH, GOOD STUFF!!!

After cleaning the hell out of them (about 6 times), trimming them up and making sure there were no more bugs (gotta love organic produce, lol), I sauteed them in olive oil, butter, thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, wine and salt and pepper for a couple minutes (house smelled awesome!) to cryo-vac them in one pound increments for easy use.

Thanks for the shrooms dude!!!

The finished product steaming away :)

My mees :)

WOW, almost 7 pounds!

Yeah, thats after I trimmed them!

Ain't they perty? :)




No comments: