Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My winning soup recipe...

Not sure what happened, but I completely forgot to blog about winning a recipe contest for a local TV show/ foodie web site called "The Chefs Wife". Its a "cooking" show where the wife of a chef asks her chef husband what he's doing and why he's doing it so that the average home cook could understand what he's doing. Great concept.

Well, no big deal, really, me and a couple others sent in random recipes that were based on our birth month and the top three "best" won. First prize was $250 bucks, second and third, I think, won chef coats.

Kinda funny, I just randomly sent in a recipe for a soup I make quite often with roasted butternut squash. It's based on my birth month of November in which butternut squash is in season. Kinda reminds me of the cold winter days growing up in NH and the comforting effects of hot soup!

After being chosen as the winner, they came by my place and took a few pictures, ate some soup and left. Nothing too exciting. The free money was nice, paid for a few gallons of gas for my thirsty truck, lol.

Here are a few pics they took. Learn more about the contest here.



No comments: